- 100 g Gran Mugnaio Fioretto corn flour
- 80 g Gran Mugnaio 00 white flour
- 100 g butter
- 120 g icing sugar
- 70 g finely chopped almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- liqueur as desired (Rum, Cognac)
- one sachet of vanilla flavouring.
Melt the butter in a bain-marie. Sift the two flours (white and yellow), the baking powder and the vanilla flavouring all together. Add the icing sugar to the melted butter and whisk until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, wet with 2 tablespoons of liqueur, and then, a little at a time, add the flours and the chopped almonds, mixing well. Grease and flour a deep rectangular tin, and then pour in the mixture, level it and bake it in the oven at 180° for around 45 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.